WOOF, there are not many things that will make me drop the ball…
but this recipe is an exception.
2 eggs (we use the brown shelled ones but don’t use the shells!)
1/2 cup canned organic pumpkin
2 tablespoons dry milk (great for putting protein into your dog’s diet)
1/4 teaspoon sea salt (sea salt is good for pets with pet arthritis)
2 1/2 cups brown rice flour (traditional flours don’t provide good nutrition for dogs)
1/2 teaspoon honey (optional, it is just a taste that Sadie likes and your pup might like too)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Blend together; eggs with pumpkin and honey together
- Add in sea salt, dry milk, and flour.
- Add water as needed to make the dough workable be careful not to make soggy.
- The dough should be dry and stiff. (crunchy and good for teeth brushing)
- Mix this with your hands because it might burn out your electric mixer’s motor.
- Roll to 1/2-inch thick.
- Cut into shapes, most people shape like dog bones but you can add some fun to your pup’s life by making fun shapes like hearts for valentine’s day or bat for howl-O-ween. We like this website for buying cookie cutters: TheCoookieCutterShop
- Place 1″ to 1”1/2 apart on an un-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes on one side, then flip and bake another 20 minutes.