I am quite the connoisseur of treats so I gathered a few here for you to try out.
Molasses Dog People
We like to make this treat in the shape of gingerbread people for the holidays you can add a little frosting heart!
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons molasses
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup powdered milk
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the ingredients.
- Blend until smooth.
- Roll this mixture out ¼ inch thick and cut into shapes … people is my choice.
- Place 1 inch apart on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.
Yogurt Frosting for Dogs
Yields: Makes 1 Cup
This frosting dries hard so make sure to shape into what you want while soft
(we are doing hearts today).
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup tapioca starch
- 2 – 3 teaspoons low fat or 2% milk
- Place yogurt and tapioca starch in a small bowl and thoroughly combine.
- Mix in milk a teaspoon at a time until consistency of frosting.
- Decorate or dip the dog treats. Place on wax paper and let dry.
If you want red coloring (which is what we do for making little hearts)
make sure to use natural coloring we use beet juice!
Now go Woof them down!!!!!! Happy Valentine’s Day!